Primary Language Curriculum.
This Skills Book includes activities to support all components of the Over the Moon 4th Class literacy programme. It follows a thematic approach over 18 units of work, allowing for the integration of the three strands, Reading, Writing and Oral Language, in a meaningful way.
The other components of the Over the Moon Programme for 4th Class are:
- Reader containing 18 units with genre-based extracts from a wide variety of new and well-loved children’s literature
- My Literacy Portfolio included FREE with the Skills Book. Provides opportunities for pupil response and reflection
- Pupil Assessment Booklet for termly assessment – available to purchase, or available free to adopting teachers to download online on www.gillexplore.ie.
- A comprehensive Teacher’s Toolkit FREE to adopting classes:
10 beautiful picture books
Supporting digital library, including:
- Oral language text type videos and activities
- eBooks of the Reader and Skills Book
Teacher’s Planning and Resource Book, including:
- Yearly overview and fortnightly plans, comprehensively mapped to the PLC
- Detailed, menu-style lesson plans for all components of the programme
- Picture book lesson notes for explicit teacher modelling
- Literacy stations
Downloadable resources, including:
- Literacy station teaching materials
- Differentiation worksheets
- Assessment checklists and rubrics