Step Up! is a First Year English programme written for the 2014 Junior Cycle English specification. It addresses the requirements of Junior Cycle English in an innovative way that will develop studentsâ€™ appreciation of English and lay the groundwork for Second and Third Year assessment.
Key features of the Step Up! Textbook:
- Specification-based learning goals that teachers and students can select, work towards and evaluate
- Clear strategies for developing oral language, reading, writing and numeracy skills
- A mix of individual and group activities that promote active learning
- Integrated teaching of grammar and vocabulary
- Exciting, engaging texts that meet specification criteria
- Encourages the use of digital media for research and expression
- A unique â€˜How Toâ€™ chapter that teaches best practices for writing, researching and presenting
Also available for this programme:
Step Up! Teacherâ€™s Resource Book:
Written to fully support use of the Step Up! textbook. It is the perfect companion for teaching First Year Junior Cycle English.
Key features include:
â€¢ A variety of yearly plans and other valuable planning materials for teaching First Year English
â€¢ Activity templates that use active learning methodologies
â€¢ Self-assessment and peer-assessment handouts that promote assessment for learning
â€¢ Oral assessment sheets to help teachers rate their students and identify their needs
â€¢ Literacy support handouts
â€¢ Recommended reading and digital resources list
Teacher's website on folensonline.ie including:
- Online interactive eBook versions of the textbook and Teacherâ€™s Resource Book
- Digital resources to support Step Up!